From a “non-camper” at last year’s Retreat:
“Reflecting on this weekend…I have to say that I really loved our camping experience at Cleburne State Park! We don’t do a lot of camping (yet)…don’t even own a tent or gear! (yet)…but the facilities were clean & the restrooms were clean & warm…the layout of the campground & cabins was perfect! We loved it! I would definitely like to go back!”
Never fear! There are several options for non-campers at the Radiant Living & Learning Retreat!
1. If you’ve never camped or haven’t been in years, we can hook you up with a Radiant Family who is more experienced. They can give you pointers before hand and help you set up your tent. To sign up for a Camping Liaison mention it in the notes section of your Registration Form.
2. If tent camping just isn’t your thing you have several options:
- Bunkhouse – We have several families who loved the Bunkhouse so much last year that they have already requested a space there again.
We have 2 bunkhouse rooms with 24 bunk beds each. The beds can be rearranged and blankets/sheets hung to create privacy. The Bunkhouses have heat and AC and the restrooms/showers are just across a breezeway. Choose “Bunkhouse” in the accommodations section of your Retreat Registration Form.
- Rent an RV – Our family did this last year to accommodate our child with intense special needs. We had been considering a motel room for him and my husband, but we wanted them to be IN the park with us and all of the other Radiant Families. We found an RV through El Monte RV that was comparable to motel prices and MUCH less expensive than any other RV company we shopped in DFW or in Cleburne.
This year we have negotiated a group rate with El Monte. 5-10% off depending on how many in our group. They have locations in McKinney and Palmer and their website has prices for all of the different models.
On your Retreat Registration Form choose a Private Tent/RV Campsite and mention in the notes that you would like to join our group for the discount. A couple of months before the Retreat El Monte will be ready to take our group’s reservations. You can choose a campsite with or without sewer hookups as there is a free dump station in the state park.
- Stay in a hotel in Cleburne – If you just can’t make the camping leap this time, the town of Cleburne is only 10 miles from the State Park and has many hotel and motel options. Your daily entrance fee is covered each day by your Weekend Retreat Registration, so you can leave each night and return each morning to attend workshops, hang out with all the other families and enjoy all of the Retreat activities. Park rules state that daytime guests must leave the park by 10pm.
- Single Day Passes – Cleburne is close to DFW! Come out for the day! Single Day Passes are available for Friday, Saturday or Sunday. The cost is $25 per person.
Click Here to purchase Single Day Passes for you or your family.
Map it to see how far you are from the State Park.
If you have further questions, please contact us.
Whatever accommodations are the best fit for your family, we want to help make it possible for you to attend the Retreat and benefit from the support of our Radiant Tribe!
Love Your Radiant Life!